Saturday, August 2, 2008

daily vent take eight...

This one is short and I also realize I'm going to tick off about half of my friends with this one - but I don't care. And, if you're truly my friends, you're used to it anyway...

I HATE private blogs!

I don't understand them. I guess it's not so bad once you've signed on and you're already a registered reader but holy crap it's a pain. Besides it being a pain, it takes all the fun out of blog hopping - something I just spent the last hour and a half doing and LOVED every second of it - except for the dumb people who had private blogs, yours were NOT fun to read!

What's there to be afraid of? I'll pay someone $5 if they personally know someone who has had something bad happen to them directly because of their blog. If it's privacy you're after - write in a journal.

Now, I'm not suggesting that I'm going to list my address and social security number on my blog but I just don't get what the big deal is?!?

6 comments:

Kerri said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! You crack me up...and as usual...I agree with you 100%!!!

Now, I'll up the pot and double your money and offer $10!

Super Heumann said...

I went to dinner with Brittney, Erin, & Jessica Sturm and a large portion of our conversation was in regards to this same matter. I've only come across 1 private blog in my day though so I don't have much of an opinion on on it.

Ashby said...

I didn't want to go private, but Ryan did, so that's what we did. And as much as a pain as it is I'm really glad we did it because I write a lot of personal stuff and add a bunch of pictures that I would prefer only my friends and family to see - not the entire blogging community. It's a precautionary thing, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

The Dabo's said...

Amen Sista!

Sarah said...

i did one time get a crazy weird comment on some pictures that scared me a bit...so i went private, but i just went back to public and made it so that i had to monitor comments.

Kat said...

Well screw you then!!