Thursday, August 21, 2008

daily vent take ten...

While I was pregnant, I couldn't WAIT to not be pregnant anymore. And, while I wouldn't trade non-pregnancy for pregnancy, there are a few things I'd like back.

I would like my pregnancy hair back. As of 3 days ago, my hair began that descent into a state of awfulness from which there is no return for at least 6 weeks! It doesn't matter how many times I wash it, it still looks like an oil ball. It doesn't matter how many times I brush and style it, nothing helps. Soon, so much hair will have fallen out I will have little wispy fly-aways all over my head and look like one of those people who is touching that electric ball thingy. It is a wonder and amazement that I still actually have hair because most of it is on my bathroom floor or on its way to the city dump (yesterday was garbage day).

I would like my waistline back. I'm not one of those people whose baby weight comes off 5 minutes after they have their baby (side note: if you are that person, we can no longer be friends and if we're already not friends I'm sorry for you, but there is no hope for us in the future). I was so excited to have my baby and finally have a waist again. Well that was wishful thinking...what I have isn't a waist at all, it's more like one continuous love handle. So I got a bright idea and figured I'd exercise. I got one of those exercise balls (which is kicking my butt) and started on my merry way. Every muscle in my body is sore, which I figured was a good thing - I MUST be losing weight. So I got on the scale after 3 or 4 days of the exercise ball and what do you know??? I GAINED 6 pounds! Am I the only person that can exercise and gain weight?

I would like my smaller feet back. With each of my pregnancies, my feet have gotten bigger (oh great, even my feet gain weight). We're not talking the normal swelling, we're talking an increase in shoe size. In high school I wore a size 9 1/2-ish. When I got pregnant with Annie I had to start buying a size 10. Shopping for shoes isn't my favorite thing in the world *gasp* so I don't do it very often. So when Preston and I were in Santa Monica my feet were hurting so I decided to stop in at the Sketcher store to get some new shoes. I asked the dude for a 10, my normal size. He brings them out and they were TOO SMALL! I finally ended up leaving the store with some size 11 flip flops (aka water skis). Raise your hand if you've EVER seen a cute shoe in size 11...I didn't think so!

4 comments:

Ashby said...

The hair thing alone keeps me from wanting to get pregnant again. I am still trying to grow out my whispy hairs and Emma is almost 2!!!

Steven & Becky Heumann said...

Hair: believe it or not the longer you go without washing your hair the less greasy it is and the less you need to wash it. I used to wash my hair everyday but after skipping a day or two and spending a few weekends at home hiding my greasy hair I can now go 3-4 days without washing and without greasy hair! My friend who does hair only washes hers once a week!

Exercise ball: I HATE it when people tell me I am just gaining muscle and not to worry about it but...I bet that's what's happening to you. :) My sister-in-law has some belly flab and went to the doctor, they were examining her stomach and found that under the rolls of fat is a 6 pack! So hey, look on the bright side, deep down you have a rock hard body! :)

Feet: I have little feet, sorry. Hope we can still be friends.

The end of my ridiculously long comment.

The Barneys said...

Every time I go to a shoe sale at Nordstroms or Dillards (or anywhere really) I secretly wish i wore a 10 or an 11. I don't know why but there are always the cutest shoes in those sizes at all the sales. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones you can buy those cute shoes!

Tanya & Ryan said...

I am going through the exact same thing! I practically have no hair left and I feel like I will be fat for the rest of my life (not that I was that skinny before but at least I could fit into some decent sized jeans...) Oh the sacrifices of motherhood...