Monday, October 27, 2008

daily vent take twelve...

I hate it when someone calls you and leaves a message, either on your cell phone or your home phone - or worse, BOTH and says "I'm just calling you" or "I guess you're not answering". Two words...caller ID. I check it. I'll call you back if I see you've called. You don't need to leave a message just to say that you're leaving a message.

Along with that...

Why is it that when you call someones cell phone and the answering system comes on that that lady comes on and says something like press 5 or press 2 and it takes you nearly 4 extra minutes to actually get to the voicemail system of the person you're trying to call. Who actually pushes those extra buttons rather than leaving a voicemail?

I also hate it when I get someones voicemail and they are either way too serious, give you way too much information or are trying way too hard to be funny..."Hi this is Emily. I have 2 kids, I used to work in an architectural firm, I love to read and cook, I'm a Libra and I wear size 11 shoes. My kids are adorable and I have some left over pot roast in my fridge. Please leave me a message and I'll call you back as soon as I can but I have a dentist appointment so if it takes a while, I'm sorry."

If you're going to call me that's fabulous, I would love to talk to you. I would NOT love to sit and listen to dead air while I try to come up with new things to say every 2 minutes. There is a certain someone that calls me a lot (who doesn't read this blog, so don't worry, it isn't you) and whenever they call me they say "I was just calling to talk to you" but then they sit there and I have to come up with EVERYTHING to say. When that gets old (which only takes a few minutes) I do the classic try to get off the phone phrases which NEVER work with this person! "Okay, thanks for calling, I'll call you later...".

And finally...when you're done talking and you've said all you need to say, end the conversation and hang up the phone. Nothing bothers me more than a 10 minute good-bye. My favorite end to a conversation is "okay BYE" - click!

4 comments:

Steven & Becky Heumann said...

I leave long rambling messages and Steven always makes fun of me. You will just have to deal with it because my messages are fun a brighten peoples day. Okay bye.

Tyeanna said...

You are so funny! I have always thought these things but never thought to put them in a post on my blog. I'd love to invite you to my blog... what is your email address? Could you email it to me at tyeanna.johnson@gmail.com? I just love reading yours and getting to know you better.

Bobbie said...

Note to self never call Emily unless I have something to say and well just don't call Emily!!!! You crack me up. By the way I am sad I missed you at Bunko. I hope you had fun!

Bobbie said...

Sorry I have a vent about it so here's another comment. My husband call's and leaves a message that says " this is kenny call me back at 885 blah blah and says his phone number!! Hello we have been married for 7 years I think I know your number.....it bugs!!