Thursday, July 28, 2011

it's that time again...

So far in each of my pregnancies there has come a time when I am so full of angst that I stop caring about sensitivity and my social filters fly right out the window. I think we're rapidly approaching that time again.

Just a few recent things to get off my chest...

At no point in any woman's life does she want to hear that she's looking huge. I dare say that this fact is ESPECIALLY true when she's pregnant. So to the one person that tells me I'm getting huge every time she sees me, next time you say that to me I'm just going to say "you too".

I'm tired of people getting something for nothing. I don't care what the instance or situation is - you should have to earn what you get. When I was serving as a primary chorister I was told that we couldn't have contests because the kids might be upset that someone was doing better than them or heaven forbid that they lost. Since when is that real life? We were all created equal but that doesn't mean that we are, in fact, equal. I'm never going to win American Idol or the 100 meter in the Olympics and having someone tell me that I can is doing me no favors. So, don't even get me started on preschool and kindergarten graduations. Since when is completing kindergarten an accomplishment? I've never met anyone who has said they dropped out of school in kindergarten. How about we let people be good at what they're good at and not keep telling our kids (or teenagers or adults) that they're just as good or giving them a 1st place medal when in actuality, they're not.

I can't stand typing abbreviations. For example...thx, ur gr8. cu nxt week. luv u! How hard is it to add a few more letters just so you don't look like an idiot? I guess I understand the rationalization in a text message even though I never do it but where it REALLY bugs me is on facebook and in email. Seriously, how lazy are you?

I would like to petition someone about the over use of the papyrus and scriptina fonts. Maybe they were classy and fancy in 1997 but they're NOT anymore. There really is no more to say about the issue other than STOP USING THEM. There are 57,000 other choices out there, use one of those (unless it's the curlz font)!

My lower back always hurts. Constantly. At the end of the day it's worse. I feel like if I complain about it to my husband he feels like all I do is complain. I feel like if I don't complain about it he thinks everything is hunky dorey and I'm just being lazy. What's a large pregnant girl with back issues to do?

I'm having a girl. She's healthy. I'm thrilled. I didn't get pregnant because I wanted a boy, I got pregnant because I wanted a baby. That being said, this is the most dull and unexciting pregnancy ever! I don't know if it's because it's #3 or because I'm too busy to care most of the time but I just want to be enthusiastic about something, anything. She doesn't need any clothes and I can't justify buying any. She doesn't need blankets, I have those coming out my ears. I can't come up with a name, everything is ugly. I'm obviously not going to have a baby shower for girl #3 that doesn't need anything. I guess I'll be excited about the fact that I don't have to worry about circumcision.

4 comments:

Ashby said...

You seriously crack me up. I am laughing so hard reading this. And Ryan is over in the family room right now laughing as he's reading this on his laptop. So AMEN to everything you just said. So true! Now if you could please write a post on bad baby names and weird spellings while your filter is gone, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Tahnie said...

Congrats.....I mean congratulations!!! :) I had no idea you were pregnant!! Look on the bright side, at least it's funny to read about when your, "time" comes!

Steven & Becky Heumann said...

I have back issues too and found a great massage therapist. Let me know if you want his info.

Whitney said...

I am just thrilled that someone else says hunky dorey!