Wednesday, August 10, 2011

the list...

The other day I put a list of things that bug me on Facebook. There isn't a lot of room to write your true feelings and expound on what you actually mean. Besides that, it got me thinking...there are so many more things that bother me lately that I just need more room to elaborate.

things that bug me recently:

-Matt Lauer

-outdated political bumper stickers (especially if the candidate on it LOST)

-people who say anyways and anywho - it's anyWAY, no "S"

-the words cuddle and moist

-people who say "like" and "you know what I mean" after every 5 words they say

-elevators if I'm not the only one in them

-grocery cashiers that ask if I found everything I needed. If I didn't, the checkout lane when half my groceries are scanned and bagged is a little late, don't you think?

and my newest additions...

-overly gay people. I don't care if you're gay, be gay. But seriously, do you need to be so flamboyant about it? Just be gay. Along the same lines, there are always those guys (usually) who go out of their way to prove that they're overly straight. That bugs me too.

-people who have never been or done something but are suddenly the expert at it. I had a conversation last week with someone who has no kids and has never been pregnant but who all of a sudden knew everything about sleeping while you're pregnant. I was complaining about not being able to lay on my stomach and she chimed in and said "you're SUPPOSED to sleep on your stomach, it's the best thing for you and the baby". Well, obviously that isn't right (which I said) but when she wouldn't back down from her opinion and kept telling me how right she was, my choices were either to argue and look like a jerk or just to let it go and not get to be right.

-people who won't let me be right.

-the use of the "F" word in movies where it absolutely doesn't need to be. I guess I could understand it in a war movie or something (although I contend it doesn't need to be in there either) but do they really need to say that word in a romantic comedy just to be "edgy"?

-the guy at the golf course last weekend who made comments about having to golf by a pregnant girl in flip flops. I might not be the best golfer ever but I consistently out drove you dude so shut it!

-people who are constantly late

-women sports commentators. More specifically, sideline reporters at football games who you can tell are being fed questions for interviews because they have absolutely no clue what they're talking about. Thanks Title 9.

-Orrin Hatch

and finally (for today anyway)...

-leftovers. I feel obligated to take uneaten food home from a restaurant but then it sits there in my fridge for 4 or 5 days. Then, every time I open the fridge I have this all consuming guilt that I haven't eaten my leftovers until finally, I throw them away having never been eaten, let alone opened.

1 comment:

The Dabo's said...

I need to make a list and just get it off my chest. I think about all the things that bug me ALL THE TIME.